A mousepad is a flat surface on which to place and move a computer mouse. A mousepad improves mouse usability over using a mouse directly on a table by providing a surface for it to measure movement accurately and without jitter. Some mousepads improve ergonomics by including a padded wrist rest, but the benefits are debatable. A mouse mat is a bigger version of a mouse pad that holds the keyboard, mouse, and other accessories. Because of their larger surface area, non-slip bases, and generally higher quality, mouse mats are popular among gamers. There are even mouse mats with RGB edges available. So, a mouse pad is a common thing to use. Due to high usage, it got dust particles in it. So, here in this article, I will tell you how to clean mouse pad? I hope this article will be informative for you.
Benefits of mouse pad
- Mouse pads are intended to protect surfaces such as wood or glass from scratches. This is important because you don’t want the trackpad or any other part of your laptop or tablet to scratch the surface it’s sitting on.
- Mouse pads also reduce friction between the surface and your device, making movement easier and faster. This greatly simplifies movement while using your laptop or Android tablet.
- By using a mouse pad, you can effectively dissipate heat away from your device and avoid any damage caused by overheating.
- When using a trackpad or mouse, the material used for most mouse pads provides an extra level of accuracy. The improved grip makes tracking smoother and more precise, so you won’t lose accuracy when using your device.
How to clean the mouse pad?
Below are a few steps to clean the mouse pad.
- First, shake the mouse pad over a trash can and, if necessary, go over the surface with a lint roller to remove any dry debris.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine warm water and a drop or two of mild dish soap, such as Dawn.
- Dip a small brush, such as a toothbrush or mini cleaning brush, in the cleaning solution and scrub the mouse pad with it. This should get rid of any stains, oils, or germs.
- Rinse the mouse pad thoroughly to remove any excess soap.
- After shaking off the excess water, use a towel to dry the mouse pad on all sides.
- Finally, simply allow your mouse pad to air dry. It may take several hours to completely dry, so clean your mouse pad when you are not going to use it.
How to clean a plastic mouse pad?
When compared to cloth-based mouse pads, a plastic mouse pad is easier to clean. All you need to do is dust the surface with a soft, microfiber cloth to ensure there are no particles. Then, using a separate soft cloth, lightly dab it with isopropyl alcohol. Then, rub any of the affected areas, and the stains and dirt will easily come out. This method can even remove sticky stains, but only use moderate force while cleaning. Isopropyl Alcohol will not harm any fancy RGB that you may have on your mouse pad, but you should disconnect it from your system before cleaning it.